Surety bonds provide a guarantee of performance and principles of various objectives and duties. Bankers offers two types of surety bonds, commercial and contract.
Commercial Bonds are a classification of bonds that refers to all bonds other than construction contract. Commercial bonds cover obligations typically required by law guaranteeing adherence with applicable codes, statutes, court orders and regulations. Each bond is unique to the circumstances at hand. Examples of commercial bonds include: court, judicial, license/permit and miscellaneous.
Find the Right Commercial Bond for Your Business
Commercial surety bonds are generally required by state laws and statutes, and guarantee some aspect of a principal’s occupation. A contractor license bond, for example, guarantees the contractor will comply with required construction codes.
There are many types of commercial surety bonds and Gatta Insurance Agency has the expertise to help you find the one you need.
Types of commercial bonds
Some of the commercial bonds we provide include:
- AG dealer bonds, or agricultural dealer bonds, are required for people licensed with the Department of Agriculture who buy and resell agriculture products. AG dealer bonds include grain dealer bonds, hay dealer bonds, livestock dealer bonds, milk dealer bonds and produce dealer bonds
- ARC bonds, or travel agent bonds, are required by the Airlines Reporting Corporation to guarantee payment collected by a travel agency will be forwarded to the appropriate airline
- Auctioneer bonds, are required by auctioneers and auction houses to protect bids and purchases
- Auto dealer bonds, or motor vehicle dealer (MVD) bonds, help to assure the general public (and specifically those who have financial transactions with the dealer) that the dealer will comply with the law. Other dealer bonds include boat dealer bonds, mobile home dealer bonds, motorcycle dealer bonds, snowmobile dealer bonds and vessel dealer bonds
- Fuel tax bonds are required by fuel sellers to guarantee payment of taxes
- License and permit bonds are required by federal, state or municipal governments before they will grant a license or permit to conduct business in certain occupations or professions. License and permit bonds include contractor license bonds, electrician bonds, HVAC commercial bonds, non-resident license bonds and plumber bonds
- Liquor bonds guarantee compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to the sale, manufacturing and warehousing of alcohol
- Lottery bonds are required for any establishment with a lottery machine. The bond guarantees proper use of the machine to ensure there is no abuse to the state lottery system
- Notary public bonds are required by state statutes to protect against losses resulting from the improper actions of notaries
- Motorcycle dealer bonds guarantee that motorcycle dealers comply with laws, tax payments and, in some cases, payment of judgments. A motorcycle dealer bond is required to protect the public from wrongful actions of the dealer
- Mortgage broker bonds guarantee that mortgage brokers will abide by state laws, rules and regulations under the mortgage broker license code
- Public official bonds guarantee faithful performance of official duties, and are generally for the protection of taxpayers
- Sales tax bonds guarantee that a business, or in some cases a person, will pay sales taxes on construction projects, acquisitions, etc
- Title bonds are required to register a vehicle or other property due to a lost or defective title. Title bonds are also known as certificate of title bonds, defective title bonds and lost title bonds
- Utility bonds are financial guarantee bonds that ensure the payment of utility bills
- Warehouse bonds guarantee that goods stored in a warehouse will be delivered on presentation of a receipt
Need Bonding Today? Take the next step.
Contact Gatta Insurance and let us begin working with you on your Commercial Bond.